Botox® Is The #1 Selling Product Of Its Kind In The World
Botox® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) is a prescription medication used to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe lines and to prevent them from ever occurring.
Botox® works by targeting one of the underlying causes of wrikles—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. Melanie injects these muscles with Botox® to temporarily reduce muscle activity. It blocks the nerve impulse from reaching that area, and as a result, the muscle weakens. As the muscle weakens, the skin overlying the muscle relaxes and the wrinkles in the skin gradually soften and often disappear.
Where Can Botox® Be Used?
- Frown, Worry, Laugh and Bunny Lines
- Periorbital Wrinkles (Crow’s Feet)
- Brow Lift or Brow Asymmetry
- Drooping Mouth Corners
- Lip Wrinkles
- Platysma Stranding (“Neck Banding”)
- Hyperhidrosis (severe underarm sweating)
What Should I Expect with Treatment?
The actual injection process takes only about ten to fifteen minutes. Melanie will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you. Melanie believes administering Botox® is as much art as it is a science. Patients are individually evaluated then given treatment recommendations which will create the desired effect.
What are Side Effects of Botox® Treatment?
Botox® side effects are minimal. The most common being slight discomfort at injection site. Bruising at the injection site may occur but is not common. A very small percentage of patients develop a ptosis – slight lowering of one eyelid, and also rarely, asymmetry of facial expression. These effects are temporary and often go unnoticed by the patient.
When Will I See Results?
The effects of Botox® become visible within several days and its full effect is evident at seven to ten days. Those results last about three to four months.
How Does Botox® Cosmetic Work?
Botox® targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines and crow’s feet—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. Melanie will inject these muscles with Botox® to temporarily reduce muscle activity. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of your crow’s feet lines and frown lines between your brows.
Does Botox® Treatment Hurt?
No. Melanie uses very small needles to inject Botox® after applying ice to the area. Most patients report that they barely feel the injections.
Is Botox® Safe?
Botox® is one of the most extensively studied medical aesthetic treatments and is approved for cosmetic use in 78 countries. Botox® has a record of experience that aesthetic specialists know and trust. And, the safety and efficacy of Botox have been evaluated in both Allergan-sponsored clinical trials as well as in 417 peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals.
Two Weeks Prior To Your Injectable Appointment:
- You should not receive any dental work in the two weeks prior to, or following, an injectable treatment
- You should not receive any injectable treatment within the two weeks prior to, or following, vaccinations
The Week Prior: Avoid ‘Blood Thinners’
To minimize bruising and/or swelling avoid the use of:
- Melatonin Sleep-Aid Supplements
- Vitamin E
- Fish Oil Supplements
- Turmeric Supplements
- & Any over the counter supplements that thin the blood
- If in doubt regarding prescription medication, consult with your physician
- Tylenol may safely be used during this time
The Day Of Your Botox Treatment:
- You may wear your normal skincare/makeup to Flawless the day of your treatment though you will need to remove makeup & cleanse the skin prior to treatment.
- Makeup is not recommended for use 24 hours following injectable treatment; this is to minimize the chance of any harmful bacterial transfer.
Because it takes the protein approximately 2 hours+ to bind to the muscle and start working, we don’t want to do anything to dramatically increase circulation to the treated area(s) and spread the neurotoxin away from the directly treated area. For best results:
- Avoid working out for 24 hours following treatment
- No straining, or heavy lifting for 2-3 hours after Botox Treatment
- No laying down for 4-6 hours following treatment
- Avoid manipulating the treated area(s) for 3 hours after treatment.
- Do not rub your face where you received injections for at least 3 hours
- No facials or other services for at least 24 hours
- Makeup is NOT recommended for 24 hours following injection.
- Other than that, you’ll be able to go about your normal routine immediately after leaving the Flawless Office
What to Expect:
- The initial injection site bumps take just 15-20 minutes to go down
- It will take a minimum of 7 to 10 days for the neurotoxin to reach its full effect
- If the desired result was not achieved after two weeks, contact our office for an appointment. Additional units may be needed.
- Though not common, some patients may experience bruising at the injection site. You may start taking oral Arnica tablets and/or apply topical Arnica. For convenience, we offer both at the Flawless Office at a reasonable price, though these can also be found at most drugstores
- Discomfort at the injection site(s) is normal. Some patients experience a feeling of fullness and/or ‘heaviness’ in the treated area. This feel will resolve on its own within a day or two.
As always, contact the office if you have any questions or concerns. If this is an emergency, contact your Medical Provider or Urgent Care Center
Call or Text: 702.588.2260
Email: [email protected]