Wrinkles aren’t your style and the “frozen look” isn’t either.
For adults who want a natural look, there’s Dysport®, a prescription injection proven to help smooth the appearance of moderate to severe frown without changing the look or movement of the rest of your face. Untreated muscles still work normally, so you can continue to express feelings naturally. It’s the lines that are minimized, not your expressions.
And because Dysport® delivers the natural-looking results people want, 97% of users say they’d do it again. Additionally, Dysport® is approved in 69 countries and has 25 years of clinical experience worldwide.
The Week Prior: Avoid ‘Blood Thinners’
To minimize bruising and/or swelling avoid the use of:
- Vitamin E
- Fish Oil Supplements
- & Any over the counter supplements that thin the blood
- If in doubt regarding prescription medication, consult with your physician
- Tylenol may safely be used during this time
The Day Of Your Dysport® Treatment:
- You may wear your normal skincare and makeup to Flawless the day of your treatment. Melanie will clean the treatment area prior to your injections.
Because it takes the protein approximately 2 hours+ to bind to the muscle and start working, we don’t want to do anything to dramatically increase circulation to the treated area(s) and spread the neurotoxin away from the directly treated area.
For Best Results:
- Avoid working out for 24 hours following treatment
- No straining, or heavy lifting for 2-3 hours after Dysport® Treatment
- No laying down for 4-6 hours following treatment
- Avoid manipulating the treated area(s) for 3 hours after treatment.
- Do not rub your face where you received injections for at least 3 hours
- No facials or other services for at least 24 hours
- Makeup may be worn immediately but ensure clean hands and brushes are used
- Other than that, you’ll be able to go about your normal routine immediately after leaving the Flawless Office
What to Expect:
- The initial injection site bumps take just 15-20 minutes to go down
- It will take a minimum of 7 to 10 days for the neurotoxin to reach its full effect
- If the desired result was not achieved after two weeks, contact our office for an appointment. Additional units may be needed.
- Though not common, some patients may experience bruising at the injection site. You may start taking oral Arnica tablets and/or apply topical Arnica. For convenience, we offer both at the Flawless Office at a reasonable price, though these can also be found at most drugstores
- Discomfort at the injection site(s) is normal. Some patients experience a feeling of fullness and/or ‘heaviness’ in the treated area. This feeling will resolve on its own within a day or two.
As always, contact the office if you have any questions or concerns.
If this is an emergency, contact your Medical Provider or Urgent Care Center
Call or Text: 702.588.2260
What Can Areas Be Treated with Dysport®?
- Frown, Worry, Laugh and Bunny Lines
- Periorbital Wrinkles (Crow’s Feet)
- Brow Lift or Brow Asymmetry
- Drooping Mouth Corners
- Lip Wrinkles
- Platysma Stranding (“Neck Banding”)
What Should I Expect with Dysport® Treatment?
The actual injection process takes only about ten to fifteen minutes. Melanie will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you. Melanie believes administering Dysport® is as much art as it is a science. Patients are individually evaluated then given treatment recommendations which will create the desired effect.
What Are Side Effects From Dysport® Treatment?
Dysport® side effects are minimal. The most common being slight discomfort at injection site. Bruising at the injection site may occur but is not common. A very small percentage of patients develop a ptosis – slight lowering of one eyelid, and also rarely, asymmetry of facial expression. These effects are temporary and often go unnoticed by the patient.
When Will I See Results?
The effects of Dysport® become visible within several days and its full effect is evident at three to seven days. Those results will last about three to four months.
How Does Dysport® Work?
Dysport® targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines and crow’s feet—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. Melanie will inject these muscles with Dysport® to temporarily reduce muscle activity. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of your crow’s feet lines and frown lines between your brows.
Does Dysport® Treatment Hurt?
No. Melanie uses very small needles to inject Dysport® after applying ice to the area. Most patients report that they barely feel the injections.
Is Dysport® Safe?
Yes. Dysport® is FDA approve to treat wrinkles. 97% of users say they’d do it again. Additionally, Dysport® is approved in 57 countries and has 25 years of clinical experience worldwide.*