If you’re interested in a nonsurgical way to reduce fullness beneath your chin, Kybella® may be right for you. KYBELLA® is a first-of-its-kind injectable treatment for adults with submental fullness that destroys fat cells under the chin to improve your profile. Kybella® is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment that permanently destroys fat cells under the chin to improve your profile.
Kybella® May Be Right For You If:
- You’re bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You don’t want to have surgery
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
The Week Prior: Avoid ‘Blood Thinners’
To minimize bruising and/or swelling avoid the use of:
- Vitamin E
- Fish Oil Supplements
- & Any over the counter supplements that thin the blood
- If in doubt regarding prescription medication, consult with your physician
- Tylenol may safely be used during this time
The Day Of Your Kybella® Treatment:
- You may wear your normal skincare and makeup to Flawless the day of your treatment. Melanie will clean the treatment area prior to your injections.
- Following your Kybella® treatment, cold compresses may be used on the treated area during the first 12 hours.
- Ice in 15-minute increments each hour
- Do not massage the injection site
- If you are able to tolerate ibuprofen, take 200mg / 3x daily starting after your Kybella® Treatment and continuing for the next four days
- No exercise the day of your treatment
- Avoid excessive exposure to UV light (including artificial) until all swelling and redness have resolved
- Avoid extreme cold until all swelling and redness have resolved
- If bruising occurs, Arnica oral tablets or topical gel may be applied as directed. Both are available for purchase at the Flawless Las Vegas location, though most drugstores carry them as well.
- Some patients find that eating fresh pineapple (specifically the bromelain found in pineapple) helps to resolve bruising quicker
- Results will start to appear after 3 weeks and continue to improve for the following 3 months
As always, contact the office if you have any questions or concerns.
If this is an emergency, contact your Medical Provider or Urgent Care Center
Call or Text: 702.588.2260
How Kybella® Works
The active ingredient in Kybella® is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, Kybella® destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so further treatment is not expected once you reach your desired aesthetic goal.
What To Expect With Kybella®
How Is Kybella® Administered?
Treatment can only be administered by a Kybella® trained health care specialist, such as Melanie. At each treatment, you will receive multiple small injections under your chin, and the injection process takes about 15 to 20 minutes. The exact number of injections will depend on the amount of fat you have under your chin and your desired profile.
How Many Kybella® Treatment Sessions Will I Need?
Will I Need Time To Recover?
After Kybella® treatment, you will likely have some swelling, bruising, or numbness under your chin. Be sure to inform me or the office if you develop an uneven smile, facial muscle weakness, or difficulty swallowing. The most common side effects occur in the treatment area and include: