LIGHT THERAPY FOR ACNE
Flawless Vegas now offers Acne Light Therapy. This professional treatment is very popular in Los Angeles and New York, with celebrities such as Kim and Kourtney Kardashian and Jessica Alba having light therapy facials.
Q: How does blue light technology work?
A: Blue light kills the acne-causing bacteria known as Propionibacterium acnes, or P acnes. The added presence of infrared light causes the oil glands to shrink in size. The result is less oil in the skin and less bacteria, leading to the resolution, and prevention, of acne in the treated areas.
Q: Who is light therapy recommended for?
A: Clients have good results treating not only mild, but moderate and even severe, cystic or scarring acne. The blue light destroy bacteria within follicles and pores beneath the skin’s surface, treating mild to moderate acne and helping to achieve bright, clear skin. All patients with concerns over unwanted acne are candidates for treatment, regardless of their skin tone or severity of acne.
Q: What in-office procedures use blue light therapy?
A: Blue LED technologies have been used in medical acne treatments for many years. Both blue light in-office and at-home are FDA cleared, since they use the same acne-fighting light wavelengths and are safe to use.
Q: What are the benefits of in-office blue light treatments?
A: In-office treatments are more aggressive, and due to the size of the technology used, can treat larger areas in a shorter time. Patients who undergo in-office treatment benefit from maintenance with the home product, to keep the bacteria from recurring and the acne from flaring up.
Q: What are the benefits of at-home blue light treatments?
A: Home devices can be used at the convenience of the patient, any time of the day or night and lead to similar improvements. The incredible advancements in at-home tools allow for consumers to achieve efficacy on their own schedule.
- Arrive to your treatment session clean-faced – no makeup or skincare products; clean, bare skin will allow for the most effective light absorption
- The fabulous Flawless staff will get you checked in and help to get you fully situated and comfortable before starting your 20 minute light session
- Though the treatment lights are safe for eyes, goggles are available for your comfort
- That’s it – sit back and relax while the therapy lights kill acne bacteria & soothe inflammation
A series of weekly or bi-weekly light treatments for several weeks are recommended to achieve optimal results. The amount and frequency of treatments that you will need depends on the severity of your acne and how well it responds to treatment. Many clients see results within two to four weeks. To maintain clear, healthy skin after the initial series, regular sessions are recommended.
ACNE LIGHT THERAPY FAQ
- Studies show blue light therapy clears up acne by nearly 70% within 8 to 10 treatment sessions
- According to the American Academy of Dermatology, light therapies “show great promise in treating acne
- Blue light therapy uses light in the blue wavelength range to kill the bacteria Propionibacterium acnes, or P. acnes, on the skin
- Used to treat both acne that is already present or to control the condition before an outbreak occurs
- No recovery time
- Improves skin texture
- Reduces excess oil-production & sebaceous hyperplasia (enlarged oil glands)
- Fade sun spots, acne, and even scars that were originally caused by acne
- Can be used on the face/neck/chest, as well as the back (bacne), and butt
- Light therapy has been shown in many studies to speed up and improve the way skin heals
ACNE LIGHT THERAPY PRICING
– PACKAGE –
$ 800 / 8 sessions ($100 each)
– SINGLE SESSION –
A series of twice weekly blue light acne treatments for several weeks are recommended to achieve optimal results. To maintain results after the initial series of treatments, weekly sessions are recommended
– TO SCHEDULE –
CALL / TEXT: 702.588.2260
EMAIL: [email protected]
LIGHTSTIM® HANDHELD DEVICES
– Available at Flawless –
The manufacturer of our professional-grade Collagen Bed, LightStim®, brings us both anti-aging & anti-acne hand-held devices for home use. These FDA cleared devices will continue to increase the benefits of your Collagen Bed session, and help you to achieve healthy & glowing skin!
LightStim for Wrinkles – $249
LightStim for Acne – $169