What is Restylane® Defyne?
As we age, our skin loses elasticity and the lines that run from the sides of the nose toward the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds) and the lines that run from the corner of your mouth toward the chin (marionette lines) become more pronounced.
Restylane® Defyne is crafted with XpresHAn Technology™ to correct these deepened lines. The unique cross-linking of the gel in Restylane® Defyne is also designed to help support your facial expressions—for natural-looking results that help maintain your natural movement.
What Makes Refyne® & Defyne® Unique?
Restylane® Defyne and Restylane® Refyne are the only fillers on the market that have been shown in clinical trials to help maintain natural movement and expressions.
Two Weeks Prior To Your Injectable Appointment:
- You should not receive any dental work in the two weeks prior to, or following, an injectable treatment
- You should not receive any injectable treatment within the two weeks prior to, or following, vaccinations
The Week Prior: Avoid ‘Blood Thinners’
To minimize bruising and/or swelling avoid the use of:
- Vitamin E
- Fish Oil Supplements
- Melatonin Sleep Aide
- Turmeric Supplements
- & Any over the counter supplements that thin the blood
- If in doubt regarding prescription medication, consult with your physician
- Tylenol may safely be used during this time
The Day Of Your Defyne® Treatment:
- You may wear your normal skincare and makeup to Flawless the day of your treatment. Makeup will be removed and Melanie will clean the treatment area prior to your injections.
After Dermal Filler:
- Avoid straining, heavy lifting, and vigorous exercise for 2-3 hours after your Treatment.
- It generally takes the filler approximately 24 hours to stabilize so it’s best to take things easy the day of. We don’t want to increase circulation to the treated area.
- Makeup is NOT recommended for 24 hours following injection.
- Avoid manipulation of the treated area for 24 hours afterward.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 24 hours. It’s always best to wear sunscreen and a protective hat whenever possible but especially so after any cosmetic treatment, including injectables. There have been studies that suggest UV light contributes to an increase in break down of dermal fillers
- You’ll find that applying ice to the treated area intermittently for the next few hours is helpful at decreasing any discomfort and swelling.
- Lumps and bumps caused by fluid accumulation in the area are possible after treatment and are generally a normal part of the healing process.
- After 3 days you may start to massage any lumps; this is best done nightly. If they do not resolve after 1-2 weeks with massage, contact the office for a follow-up appointment.
- Arnica oral tablets or topical gel may be applied as directed if you experience bruising. Both are available for purchase at the Flawless Las Vegas location, though most drugstores carry them as well.
As always, contact the office if you have any questions or concerns.
If this is an emergency, contact your Medical Provider or Urgent Care Center
Call or Text: 702.588.2260
Email: [email protected]
Restylane® Refyne & Restylane® Defyne are the only dermal fillers on the market that have been shown in clinical trials to help maintain natural movement and expressions.