What is Restylane?
With over 30 million treatments worldwide and counting, the Restylane line of hyaluronic acid fillers provides natural-looking results by smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds (Restylane, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Refyne, Restylane Defyne), smoothing the lines around the mouth (Restylane Silk), and adding lift and volume to the cheeks (Restylane Lyft).
The Week Prior: Avoid ‘Blood Thinners’
To minimize bruising and/or swelling avoid the use of:
- Vitamin E
- Fish Oil Supplements
- & any over the counter supplements that thin the blood
- If in doubt regarding prescription medication, consult with your physician
- Tylenol may safely be used during this time
The Day Of Your Restylane® Treatment:
- You may wear your normal skincare and makeup to Flawless the day of your treatment. Melanie will clean the treatment area prior to your injections.
Treatment Requires Minimal Downtime or Recovery.
The Below Precautions Should be Taken for Best Results
After Dermal Filler:
- Avoid straining, heavy lifting, and vigorous exercise for 2-3 hours after your Treatment.
- It generally takes the filler approximately 24 hours to stabilize so it’s best to take things easy the day of. We don’t want to increase circulation to the treated area.
- Avoid manipulation of the treated area for 24 hours afterward.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 24 hours. It’s always best to wear sunscreen and a protective hat whenever possible but especially so after any cosmetic treatment, including injectables. There have been studies that suggest UV light contributes to an increase in break down of dermal fillers
- You’ll find that applying ice to the treated area intermittently for the next few hours is helpful at decreasing any discomfort and swelling.
- Lumps and bumps caused by fluid accumulation in the area are possible after treatment and are generally a normal part of the healing process.
- After 3 days you may start to massage any lumps; this is best done nightly. If they do not resolve after 1-2 weeks with massage, contact the office for a follow-up appointment.
- Arnica oral tablets or topical gel may be applied as directed if you experience bruising. Both are available for purchase at the Flawless Las Vegas location, though most drugstores carry them as well.
As always, contact the office if you have any questions or concerns.
If this is an emergency, contact your Medical Provider or Urgent Care Center
Call or Text: 702.588.2260
Email: [email protected]
How Restylane® Works
The Restylane® line of products is formulated to act like your body’s own naturally occurring hyaluronic acid, restoring volume to your skin
Restylane is a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid that is specifically formulated to act like your body’s own naturally produced hyaluronic acid, helping to visibly correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, including the lines that run from your nose toward the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds) and the lines that run from the corners of your mouth toward the chin (marionette lines).
Restylane Silk, Restylane, and Restylane Lyft use our innovative NASHA technology. This gives each product a unique particle size for tailored treatment.
Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne are flexible hyaluronic acid gels designed to give you the flexibility to show your natural range of facial expression.