Sculptra® Aesthetic is unique from other dermal fillers in that it works by stimulating the body to create its own new collagen, providing an overall rejuvenation of the face. This creates a more gradual and very natural increase in facial volume, which is why it’s so popular among celebrities. Each day that passes will result in additional collagen synthesis. You are apparently “growing younger”. The new collagen synthesis will also cause the skin to reflect more light which gives skin an overall more youthful and rested appearance. The maximum effect is realized at about week-eight after injection and the results will last up to 2 years.
80% of Sculptra Aesthetic users still rated their results as “good” or “excellent” 25 months after treatment*
Two Weeks Prior To Your Injectable Appointment:
- You should not receive any dental work in the two weeks prior to, or following, an injectable treatment
- You should not receive any injectable treatment within the two weeks prior to, or following, vaccinations
The Week Prior: Avoid ‘Blood Thinners’
To minimize bruising and/or swelling avoid the use of:
- Vitamin E
- Fish Oil Supplements
- Melatonin Sleep Aide
- Turmeric Supplements
- & Any over the counter supplements that thin the blood
- If in doubt regarding prescription medication, consult with your physician
- Tylenol may safely be used during this time
The Day Of Your Sculptra® Treatment:
- You may wear your normal skincare and makeup to Flawless the day of your treatment. Makeup will be removed and Melanie will clean the treatment area prior to your injections.
What To Expect After Sculptra® Treatment
- Avoid strenuous activities and no working out for 24 hours
- Makeup is NOT recommended for 24 hours following injection.
- After Sculptra® Aesthetic injection mild swelling may occur and will usually subside in 1 to 2 days
- Apply cold compresses on the treated area for 3-5 minutes a few times the day of treatment
- It is not uncommon to develop mild bruising, which can last up to a few days.
- Arnica oral tablets and/or topical gel may be used as directed if you experience bruising. Both are available for purchase at the Flawless Office, though they can also be found at most drugstores. Some patients also find eating fresh pineapple to be effective at helping bruising to resolve quicker
- 5 x 5 x 5: massage the treated area 5 times a day, for 5 minutes each time, for 5 days after treatment
- After the first 5 days, massage 1-2 times a day for the next 8 weeks
- Do not get a facial for two weeks after your Sculptra treatment
- A few days after Sculptra treatment you will look as you did before treatment. This is normal; over time, Sculptra will replace lost collagen
- Results will start to gradually appear after 8 weeks and continue to improve in the upcoming months
As always, contact the office if you have any questions or concerns. If this is an emergency, contact your Medical Provider or Urgent Care Center
Call or Text: 702.588.2260
Email: [email protected]
Sculptra® Aesthetic uses poly-L-lactic acid, which works with your body to help rebuild lost collagen for a more youthful-looking appearance that can last up to two years
Collagen Is the Key- the not-so-secret cause of facial aging
One of the primary reasons for visible facial aging is loss of collagen, a fibrous protein in the deep dermis that gives structure to skin and supports the functions of elastin and hyaluronic acid (HA). Elastin is an elastic protein that maintains skin shape, while HA cushions and lubricates to keep the skin hydrated. More collagen enables the presence of more elastin and HA.
Collagen is a key structural component of smooth, healthy-looking skin
As you age, your body’s collagen production decreases. In fact, you lose about 1% of collagen per year after the age of 18.5 This is when you may start to notice the formation of wrinkles. Luckily, Sculptra Aesthetic can help, even if decades of collagen loss have already occurred.
Facial aging actually begins in your 20s, when skin firmness begins to decrease as a result of both internal (genetics and natural aging) and external (sun exposure, smoking, stress, etc.) factors. By age 40, most people have up to 20% collagen loss. By 50, you face up to 30% collagen loss.