Wrinkles aren’t your style and the “frozen look” isn’t either.
For adults who want a natural look, there’s Dysport®, a prescription injection proven to help smooth the appearance of moderate to severe frown without changing the look or movement of the rest of your face. Untreated muscles still work normally, so you can continue to express feelings naturally. It’s the lines that are minimized, not your expressions.
And because Dysport® delivers the natural-looking results people want, 97% of users say they’d do it again. Additionally, Dysport® is approved in 69 countries and has 25 years of clinical experience worldwide.
two weeks prior to your injectable appointment:
- You should not receive any dental work in the two weeks prior to, or following, an injectable treatment
- You should not receive any injectable treatment within the two weeks prior to, or following, vaccinations
The week prior: avoid blood thinners
To minimize bruising and/or swelling avoid the use of:
- Vitamin E
- Melatonin Sleep-Aid Supplements
- Fish Oil Supplements
- Turmeric Supplements
- & Any over the counter supplements that thin the blood
- If in doubt regarding prescription medication, consult with your physician
- Tylenol may safely be used during this time
The day of your dysport® treatment:
- You may wear your normal skincare/makeup to Flawless the day of your treatment though you will need to remove makeup & cleanse the skin prior to treatment.
- Makeup is not recommended for use 24 hours following injectable treatment; this is to minimize the chance of any harmful bacterial transfer.
Because it takes the protein approximately 2 hours+ to bind to the muscle and start working, we don’t want to do anything to dramatically increase circulation to the treated area(s) and spread the neurotoxin away from the directly treated area.
For Best Results:
- Avoid working out for 24 hours following treatment
- No straining, or heavy lifting for 2-3 hours after Dysport® Treatment
- No laying down for 4-6 hours following treatment
- Avoid manipulating the treated area(s) for 3 hours after treatment.
- Do not rub your face where you received injections for at least 3 hours
- No facials or other services for at least 24 hours
- Makeup is not recommended for 24 hours following an injectable treatment
- Other than that, you’ll be able to go about your normal routine immediately after leaving the Flawless Office
What to Expect:
- The initial injection site bumps take just 15-20 minutes to go down
- It will take a minimum of 7 to 10 days for the neurotoxin to reach its full effect
- If the desired result was not achieved after two weeks, contact our office for an appointment. Additional units may be needed.
- Though not common, some patients may experience bruising at the injection site. You may start taking oral Arnica tablets and/or apply topical Arnica. For convenience, we offer both at the Flawless Office at a reasonable price, though these can also be found at most drugstores
Discomfort at the injection site(s) is normal. Some patients experience a feeling of fullness and/or ‘heaviness’ in the treated area. This feeling will resolve on its own within a day or two.
As always, contact the office if you have any questions or concerns. If this is an emergency, contact your Medical Provider or Urgent Care Center