What is restylane lyft®?
Starting in our 20’s, our natural fat and collagen begins to deteriorate, resulting in sagging skin, more prominent wrinkles and a reduction of volume. Restylane Lyft, formerly known as Perlane-L®, is an injectable hyaluronic acid gel used to correct volume loss and treat wrinkles in the face, and hands. Through nonsurgical injections, Restylane Lyft is specifically designed to restore fullness to the cheeks, mid-face, and hands, which can result in a more natural-looking, youthful appearance.
Restylane Lyft® is the first and only FDA-approved filler indicated to provide lift to cheeks and add volume to correct and smooth smile lines
Restylane Lyft® gel particles are larger than those in Restylane, which makes Restylane Lyft® a good choice for wrinkles that benefit from a deeper injection into the skin or areas that have a greater volume loss The area under the eyes becomes hollow as we age, creating a worn-out, tired look. Restylane Lyft® is used to restore volume loss in the tear trough area to give you a younger more refreshed look.
Two weeks prior to your injectable appointment:
- You should not receive any dental work in the two weeks prior to, or following, an injectable treatment
- You should not receive any injectable treatment within the two weeks prior to, or following, vaccinations
The week prior: avoid ‘blood thinners’
To minimize bruising and/or swelling avoid the use of:
- Vitamin E
- Fish Oil Supplements
- Melatonin Sleep Aide
- Turmeric Supplements
- & Any over the counter supplements that thin the blood
- If in doubt regarding prescription medication, consult with your physician
- Tylenol may safely be used during this time
The day of your restylane lyft® treatment:
- You may wear your normal skincare and makeup to Flawless the day of your treatment. Melanie will clean the treatment area prior to your injections.
After Dermal Filler:
- Avoid straining, heavy lifting, and vigorous exercise for 2-3 hours after your treatment.
- It generally takes the filler approximately 24 hours to stabilize so it’s best to take things easy the day of. We don’t want to increase circulation to the treated area(s).
- Avoid manipulation of the treated area(s) for 24 hours afterward.
- Makeup is NOT recommended for 24 hours following injection.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 24 hours. It’s always best to wear sunscreen and a protective hat whenever possible but especially so after any cosmetic treatment, including injectables.
- No laser treatments in the treated area(s) for at least one week.
- You’ll find that applying ice to the treated area(s) intermittently for the next few hours is helpful at decreasing any discomfort and swelling.
- Avoid Retin-A, glycolic acid, and vitamin c for at least 24 hours around the treated area(s).
- Lumps and bumps caused by fluid accumulation in the area are possible after treatment and are generally a normal part of the healing process.
- After 3 days you may start to massage any lumps; this is best done nightly. If they do not resolve after 1-2 weeks with massage, contact the office for a follow-up appointment.
- Arnica oral tablets or topical gel may be applied as directed if you experience bruising. We offer both for sale t the Flawless Office though they can also be found at most drugstores.
As always, contact the office if you have any questions or concerns. If this is an emergency, contact your Medical Provider or Urgent Care Center